Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Donate blood

Today the place where I work is holding a "Blood Recruitment Drive" for staffs. And it's my first time of donating blood in my life =D Actually I would like to have done that long time ago, I think it's back in year 1995 or 1996, but I couldn't remember the reason why I didn't do that. I saw my sister was donating her blood in the temple and my imagination was that the injection needle was very BIG.. so today, with full of physic and mental preparation, I finally made it. And I was wrong. Actually they gave us an injection, using only a small needle, and only little bit of pain. *Maybe different country different injection needle XP and anyway.. it was different from what I imagined.. hehehe...

They said they took 450ml per person for both male and female. My Indonesian friend told me usually they only took 250ml (perhaps that was what she had done in Indonesia). So... overall ok lor.. A bit weak at the beginning but after enough rest, it was all fine *hopefully...

And hopefully it will be useful too... hehehe...

Lots of my colleagues wanted to donate their blood, but too many restrictions given therefore they can't make it. For example: you must be feeling well that day, not having colds, coughs or flu in the last one week, no fever in the last 3 weeks, must be free from AIDS, high blood pressure, hepatitis B or C, and many many more.. wowww.... sooooo many requirements... and luckily I had fulfilled those requirements as far as I know.. hehehe...

Oklah.. gotta continue my work.. Ciao!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...