Sunday, July 29, 2007

Farewell Dinner @EMC

At first, there were more than 10 people who wanted to join to my farewell dinner. But 2 has drawn out 2 days before the event. One of them had made it up by inviting me to have Korean food nearby our working place while another one will make it up next week. And to my disappointment, 3 has drawn out just on the day itself. Well, it's ok for me =) The most important, you must have heart to attend. Not just for the sake of being there. Some more, it was held on Friday night. People must have other interesting things to do for their weekend ^^

So, it left w/ 7 of us. My boss, AFC, and 4 other colleagues. Actually the most avoided place for farewell for me at first was this place. 'Cos I just get bored w/ the food inside. Hehehe... But since they're having Penang promotion, it rather sounds interesting! What comes on ur mind when u heard of Penang food??? Penang laksa? Chao Kway teow w/ ham? Char Moy? Hokkien Mee? Actually I haven't been to Penang before. So, the decision to have my farewell there was right 'cos it opened my mind on what is Penang food tastes or looks like. And they really brought the cooks from Penang to cook all the food. And the taste was very good!!! Beside their promotion, they also serve durian buffet.

That night, I tried almost all the Penang food served. I saw when the char moy was cooked w/ a big flames! It was very interesting. The taste of it was very nice too. My colleague even took two bowls hahahaha....
And I saved some space for durian. I ate about 8 pcs of durian. I ate until I don't want to eat it again this season. Hahahaha.. partly because I've been eating durian for another 3 days this week after work ;P My colleague has managed to take some durian for few of us to enjoy. I ate until my pimples coming up.. hahaha... too heaty... but the durian taste was really nice. He told me, actually the durian grade normally is just a normal one. But since they have been out of stock 'cos the order for the buffet was a lot.. the supplier had to look for the replacement and they supplied us w/ D24 instead. Weee.... ^^ Once he and I opened one durian. There were 5 pieces inside one durian, where 1 side consists of 1 piece. Can u imagine? 1 piece each inside. Big and sweet one.. nyummy.... hmmmmm.... sedap... hehehehe...

Anyway.. overall everything was fine. My boss also ate quite a lot. But she left us early 'cos she kept thinking of her new TV that she had to take from the store before it closed. I also took picture w/ Moses Lim, the spoke person for the Penang food promotion. Thank you everyone for the great farewell for me :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...