Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hectic & busy life

Really busy these few days.. in fact.. this whole week.. Not because of work.. but other things that happened in life...
Well.. we have returned back from Batam. Overall, the trip was good, in a sense that.. everything was planned properly. Once we reached the Harbour Bay port, we were fetched.. by someone.. who ended up is a Manager of the hotel that we stayed *we only knew about it at our last day.. hehehe... He had helped us driving around Batam during our stay. We were sent to the hotel and put in our stuffs right away into our rooms. Not bad la... No lift, but lucky we stayed at 2nd floor.. hehehe... otherwise.... I'm sure the rest would complain.. especially because my mother-in-law's foot was in pain. Anyway.. I went to see my friend's mom right away to discuss about the transport and she has helped us providing the 7-seat car for 1.5 days.. for only 300k rupiah.. or about 50sgd.. We saved a lot man.. 'cos previously she offered us to rent the car w/ driver for 12 hours and it costs 700k.. so we saved more that 50%!!!
My hubby would like to eat 'nasi padang', so I asked Bambang (the Manager), to bring us to the place where they serve good nasi padang... Well.. it was so so la.. 'cos some food tasted quite salty.. and it doesn't cheap too.. okla... 150k rupiah or about 22sgd for overall food and drink. We then visited the Diamond city mall *I think, that's the name.. hehehe... and we bought lots of stuffs inside the Diamond supermarket.. After that we went to Nagoya Hill.. and my hubby managed to buy 'Polo' t'shirt.. a very cheap one.. only 30k per piece.. kekeke.. or 5sgd each.. hahahahhahaha.... We stopped by and had a root beer float at A&W. My sis-in-law couldn't wait to take picture of the mascot.. kekekeke...
At 6pm, we went to Golden Prawn to have our dinner. Before we were seated, we chose some live seafood and chose on what type of dishes the seafood would be cooked.. So we chose live shrimps, fish, gong gong, and crab and chose few vegetables to go along. Well.. overall it costs us 500k rupiah or about 73sgd for the food and drink. Oklah.. but I still prefer to eat at Bumi Aki Puncak, more to my taste.. Javanese style instead of Chinese cooking.. hehehehe....
Finally we went back to hotel to take a rest... and woke up quite early the next morning... We went out at 9am. First, we had breakfast - tami or mi kea - and a cup of Kopi-O. Not bad la.. but the portion was little bit small for us.. hahaha... Next.. we went to Toa Pek Kong temple to pray and then.. massage time!!! We were brought to 'formerly' Martha Tilaar near Komplek Top 100. I was informed by the staff afterwards, that they were not belong to Martha Tilaar anymore but Englo's Salon and Spa. But most staffs were trained from Martha Tilaar and lots of them still stayed and worked there. I was quite lucky that morning as there was someone cancelled the package, so I could go in to fill up the empty one.. So, I took the package.. massage plus scrub.. plus steaming.. masker.. and mandi susu or take bath using the milk... so called... The whole process took 2.5 hours.. So relaxing...
Then I continued with Hair Spa using the L'Oreal products.. Oh ya.. the package only costs 170k rupiah and the Hair Spa together w/ cutting little bit of my hair costs 108k. So overall costs would be 278k or 43 sgd for about 4 hours.. hehehe.. really spending my time there.. While the rest only had hair spa or creambath.. and one of my sis-in-law was having 45min massage. After that they just browsed around the mall at the opposite of the salon and had their lunch there..
At 3pm the whole thing ended and met them in the shopping centre. I found out that my mother-in-law's injury was bleeding... So we headed back to hotel immediately and my hubby and bro-in-law cleaned and put the bandage into her legs. Then we went to the Harbour Bay to wait for our boat...
Well.. our journey ended there.. We took 5.30pm's boat back to Singapore.. and reached there about an hour later.. and took taxi back home.
My bro-in-law brought my mother-in-law to her doctor, and the doctor asked her to go to hospital for further check-up. So they went to the hospital at that night and found out that she is actually having diabetes.. and she had to stay in the hospital that night and had her leg operated in the next morning. No wonder la.. last time she had injured her finger and it really took quite long time to recover. I think it took about a month to really recover. Her sugar level was quite high on the day she was admitted to hospital.. I think it was 26 *normal was 4-10, I guess. Then found out lor.. on the day she were in Batam, she drank lots of soft drinks and juices... Haiz.. if we knew.. we wouldn't ask her to go along.. 'cos we also walked quite a lot on that day..
My sis-in-law took a week leave to take care her baby and helped me taking care my son too while my mother-in-law stays in hospital..
Then.. my grandmother from mother's side is also in hospital now. Her condition is much worst than my mother-in-law. But my grandma is old liao la.. 80years old plus.. My mom and her siblings are all there liao.. Lots of grandchildren came to visit her as well.. My mom wanted me to go there as well if anything happened to her.. Well.. see how is her condition lor.. Doctor said she doesn't have many days to live due to her health condition.. Well. only God knows what is the best for her.. Just pray that she is happy in whatever condition she is...
Going to sleep now.. Outside it's raining.. so good to sleep.. Too bad I have to work tomorrow and will have a class too.. haiz... nite nite

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...