Thursday, July 10, 2008

05-06-07-08 Batam Trip

Hm.. good number for the title above. Hehehe.. Yup, it was dates where me and my colleagues had a trip to Batam. We met at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal at 7 plus in the morning and got in into the ferry at 8am. It was only a short 45-minute trip there and we landed at Nongsapura Terminal. Total of 18 people from Finance department, quite a big number, and yes, it was my first trip out of Singapore together w/ colleagues. In my previous working place, I didn't have any chance to go out of Singapore together w/ colleagues.. So, mixed feelings lor... No family member join each of us, so purely colleagues.

Continue on... I got a seat on top of the ferry that morning and got a chance to enjoy the beautiful sky w/ clouds above.. What a wonderful world.. =) We stayed at Batam View Resort and rented out 2 villas. 1 villa w/ 2 bedroom and another villa w/ 1 bedroom. When we arrived, we were allowed to check in early to the one of the villas. So we put our bags there and went to beach side having a game or two. Started w/ teambuilding game, walking blindfolded from one side to another while the foot much touch the slipper in different area and guided by another people in the team. Oklah... not bad. I guided my friend. And there was a funny moment too where someone just kept walking although she has reached her destination.. kekekeke....

Then we played volley ball. Wow, it's been so many years since I touched the volley ball. We all just played for fun.. quite interesting. But the sun.. shines loudly.. Burnt out our skin.. hiks... my face.... must go to a facial soon...

After the game, we went back to the room and some of us took a bath... What a hot day... In moments... the hot day changed into the rainy day. It was raining while we were waiting for lunch. We ate at Wangi Melati Coffee House for lunch. It was buffet. Per pax is SGD18+++ They all said the food was not that nice, except for the black pepper crab. Hahaha.. Anyway, I was quite enjoying it since they served pecel lele and es teler.. Kekeke..

Then it was free time. So few friends and I went around the area and took some pictures. Then we went into the 1-room villa. The view there were much better as the location was directly facing the sea... My friends and I sat in the balcony and enjoying the view.. Really loving it.. I mean.. I was just thinking.. when was the last time I really had that relaxation moments.... Hm....
We had some kind of private dinner next to the beach. The dinner was prepared only for us. The chefs came to cook for us. There were fried kangkong, barbecued chicken, lamb, prawn, sotong, otak-otak, and many more. They serve all u can eat soto, fried rice, and desserts in buffet counter. We can listen to Power 98 as well.. hahaha... not bad oh?

After makan, we went back to villa and took a bath. At 9.30pm, we went to karaoke. Before that, we had a small game in round. The loser drank. In karaoke, we stayed until 1am. Some colleagues drank until high and they danced very happily.

I went back to villa and slept in 1-room villa. Sleeping 'til the next morning. I woke up at 6am. I thought I turned the alarm 7am Indonesian time, but it was Singapore time, that's why I ended up waking up at 6am. Kekeke.... We had buffet breakfast, again, at Wangi Melati coffee shop and we were picked up at 9am and went out for our city tour.

First destination was Barilang bridge, which connects Batam with other city. Then we went to the largest Maitreya temple in Asia. It was indeed very big. There is Buddhist school for children too... We prayed there.. then we were brought to snack's shop, and had our lunch at Golden Prawn 555. Not a very good food..

After makan, we watched a short show, Kuda lumping show, whereby 2 people performing few things, such as eating glass, eating fire, jump over the burned tyre, etc.

We were brought to Polo shop too, but we didn't buy anything there, everything is expensive. Next destination was BCS, Batam City Square. We walked from 1pm to 3.30pm. Not much time. I only managed to buy some tidbits home. Before we left, we also got a chance to eat chicken noodle and had avocado juice.. nyummy.... Hehehe...

We went to Batam main ferry terminal. While waiting our boarding pass, my colleagues went out to buy J-co Donuts from opposite of the building. One of my colleagues bought all of us donuts.. Nyummy.. very nice.. and cheap too.. It costs about 67 cents each, while in Singapore, it costs $1.20 each. Married one got one dozen while single one got half dozen each.. kekekeke.. Thanks ya! Well, we went back happily and all of us were very tired too.. some more some of us didn't get a seat in the ferry so they ended up standing up for a whole journey.. Well.. nice trip. Nice place.. and it makes me wanting to go to Batam again.. Hahaha.... cu again.. byeeee.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...