Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thank you Pa and Ma!

After posting 'I love you too Mummy', someone was asking if my son still said 'I love you Mummy' until today. Yes, he did. On Sunday night, after the reunion dinner, and before slept, he kept asking me for hugs and kisses, and said 'I love you Mummy' for many many times :) Then he explained, 'Usually after playing with Reynald (his buddy) or Aryn (my niece), when I returned back to room to sleep, I would feel lonely and too quiet. That's why if can, I prefer to sleep with you in your room.' He just couldn't stand the loneliness after a merry making and great times spent with his accompaniments. That's why he wanted many hugs from me, and even asked me to sleep beside him so that he could bring himself to sleep that night. So sweet hehehe... :)


It reminds me one one event happened when I was young, at around his age. I used to sleep with my sister. But one night she wasn't around, so I asked my Mom to sleep with me. I was very happy to feel her presence beside me. But to my nightmare, she didn't accompany me until morning. Whenever she thought I'd fell asleep, she woke up and returned to her room. I acted I was sleeping because I wanted to feel longer about her presence, but when she left me, I felt very disappointed and sad. I thot she did that because she didn't love me enough. Hahaha...

But once I grow up, I realize that it's not that she didn't love me enough. She loved and loves me still. She just couldn't be beside me forever. Because eventually, one day I'd grow up, live on my own. She didn't want me to become a spoiled brat. She wanted me to grow as an independent person, live and take care of myself. Hehe...

Thank you Mom! I have indeed grown up as a very independent person. Pa has also taught us to do housework, like washing our own clothes, wash plates, sweep and mop the floor, and even learn on how to cook. I used to stand beside my father in the kitchen, watching him how to cook. He always asked me to assist him to peel the prawn, to crack the eggs, bring the salt, and so on. Although I haven't become a good cook, at least I can do the basic cooking and has survived cooking on my own during school days overseas. All the simple things that both of you have taught us, have made me on how I become now. I simply appreciate and truly grateful with all your teachings and guidances. Thank you Pa and Ma!

2 comments:

Riku said...

Growing up means understanding life better, right? Nice post, Rima. I love the way your son yearns for your love and company. And your realization about growing up and becoming a mom yourself is quite a blessing for you. I can see happiness in you. Keep writing and inspiring us.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Riku! Yes, growing up means understanding life better as we put our position in other person's shoe. You are right. I am truly blessed of becoming a mother myself, to my only child. I will just have to treasure and cherish this until the rest of my life :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...