Friday, December 26, 2014

Books read in the second half of the year 2014

Pic source: Google.com

New Year is approaching very soon!!! 2014 has been a year which I spent my time with lots of reading. Here is the link on what books I read during first half of the year and below is the list of the books I read each month for the rest of the year (you can clink the link to read the review – those in Italic):

Books read in July 2014

July 2014:
1. The Longest Ride - Nicholas Sparks
2. How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia - Mohsin Hamid
3. Chronicle of a Death Foretold - Gabriel Garcia Marquez 
4. No One Writes to the Colonel - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
5. Memories of My Melancholy Whores - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. Leaf Storm - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez 
8. Moth Smoke - Mohsin Hamid

Books read in August 2014

August 2014:
1. 'Tis - Frank McCourt
2. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage - Haruki Murakami 
3. Revolution 2020 - Chetan Bhagat

Books read in September 2014

September 2014:
1. One Night at the Call Center - Chetan Bhagat
2. Search Inside Yourself - Chade-Meng Tan
3. The All You Can Dream Buffet - Barbara O'Neal 

Books read in October 2014

October 2014:
1. The Oceans at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman
2. Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan
3. The Circle of Karma - Kunzang Choden
4. My Singapore Lover - Judy Chapman
5. Jakarta Kafe – Tatyana

Books read in November 2014

November 2014:
1. 8 Comedie Bandrek - Dini M. Kusmana
2. Hector & the Search For Happiness - Francois Lelord 
3. Hector & the Secrets of Love - Francois Lelord
4. Hector Finds Time - Francois Lelord
5. Restaurant Babylon - Imogen Edwards-Jones
6. The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe -  Romain Puertolas
7. The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
8. Destination Saigon Adventures in Vietnam - Walter Mason

Books read in December 2014

December 2014:
1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
2. The Rainbow Troops - Andrea Hirata 
3. The 3 Mistakes of My Life - Chetan Bhagat
4. The Last Anniversary - Liane Moriarty

Unknowingly I’ve read 58 books in one year’s time!!! Oh gosh, what an exhilarating year I had! :) And as I received the Book Bucket Challenge early September this year, I’ve also managed to send various books out to mostly my blogger friends located in Bhutan and India.

Pic source: Google.com

It felt really great knowing that they appreciated the books. Lots of time I received their ‘Thank You’ message by the time I woke up in the morning through Facebook messenger or by their book’s photo posts on their Instagram, and some sent me the link of their blog or book review’s blog post to me. Their appreciative messages really made my day :) The feeling was indescribable!!! Thank you everyone!

Some sent and wanted to send a book back to me, which usually I requested them not to. Not that I rejected their kind offer, but most of them were students and relied a lot on the stipend sent by government or parents. They’d better use their money wisely for their living expense there as postal fee could be very expensive. No matter what I really thank for their kind intention. Wait until one day you can earn your Ngultrum back from your first job, and then I would be happy to receive it back from you :)

I am very thankful to SB that I can read not only in my mother tongue language (Indonesian), but also in English language as my second language. I’ve improved reading skill tremendously and found my long lost passion that I thought I’d never had before. I used to think that it’s impossible for me to read the thick English novel, especially the literature ones where the language was very difficult to understand. However, I’ve overcome that feeling and it feels great being able to understand every sentence as if it’s my own language. Or otherwise I’d search that difficult word with a help of Google from my mobile phone ^^

Keep calm, drink tea, and read a book :)

Well, I hope I can continue this habit without spoiling my both eyes. The eye doctor has already warned me by saying that I’ve an old people’s eyes hiks hiks….  Just hope nothing serious is happening. Let’s pray! :)

So, I wish all of you to continue your reading and writing habit, especially for dear Bhutanese friends, where year 2015 has been declared by your  government as the National Reading Year to celebrate the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the fourth Druk Gyalpo. Keep your spirit up everyone!!! Jia you!!! :)

28 comments:

Sangay Duba said...

That is pretty long list... Keep it up la~Happy New Year~~

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sangay for going through! Happy New Year to you too la! All the best! ^^

Unknown said...

Wow... how could you read these many books. It's great. I wish I were able to read as many books as you read. Keep reading and growing Aum Rima..

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sherab! Reading has become part of my daily life. That's why I can read that much! :)

Wish you can read that many too in the upcoming year! Have a great day! :)

Tshering Cheki said...

Impressive list Ma'am. Keep reading :D Take care.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Cheki! You too, keep reading la! :)

དཔལ་ལྡན་བསོད་ནམས་ཉི་མས་སོ།། said...

Dear Rima,

I am so happy to see your long list. At the same time I am envious too...

Our King has now declared 2015 as national reading year. lets compete in reading...:P :P

till then you have a nice time.

Happy new year to you and to your family

Regards
Kuenzang

Overcome Life said...

Dear Kuenzang,

I am happy to see your comment here. At the same time I feel grateful too...

I'd love to see you reading too but I think you're very busy with your relocating, work, and family lives.

I wish you have a wonderful time with your family and friends too! Happy New Year 2015.

Take care la!

Regards
Rima :)

Thoughfolio said...

Wow, you read more books in a month than I can read in a year. My heartfelt appreciation for this and keep reading and treading. Books are after all the best that we can learn everything from them. I envy your reading lists ;) . Happy New Year and limitless wishes from me as you prepare to open the upcoming chapters of your dogged life. So hope you, your dear beloved family members and benign friends are all doing great with sound in health. Regards from me. Do Great. Take Care. :)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you very much Ugyen for going through and your kind wishes :) Nah, you don't have to envy. India has lots of these books around. What you need is just time for reading ;)

I wish you a wonderful year 2015 ahead too. Take care and all the best in your study! :)

Tshering Delkar said...

wow...you read a lot. i have completed only two :(. Anyways Happy new year and happy reading. :)

Overcome Life said...

You are busy with study mah... It's more important task for you right now :) Thank you for going through! Hope you had a great time there in Latvia! Take care dear! ^^

sancha rai said...

wow...nice n happy next yr

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sancha! Happy New Year to you too! :)

Flora said...

Looks like you read whole book collections of library, my goodness you could read that long list of books! Keep it up my friend. You are the one who can inspire to read. Now I realize how lazy I am, I hardly read 1 or 2 books in a year ����

TSHEWANG DORJI said...

Amazing and impressive and i am envious already.....
Anyway keep continuing and happy new year...:)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you so much Charo for your lovely comment! You too can read. 1-2 books is a good start ;) Have a wonderful weekend! ^^

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for your kind wishes Tshewang! I hope you will develop the same spirit too! Happy New Year to you too! :)

LCD said...

Amazed with the number of books you read :) Wonderful list dear mam. Happy Weekends. Take Care!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for going through Lekey! Have a wonderful weekend to you too! :)

Dumcho's NOTEBOOK said...

Hmm no comments. You have emptied the book store I think. Wish if this was me.

Overcome Life said...

Hahaha... I borrowed most of the books from the library Dumcho! So the book store won't possibly empty by me ^^ Have a great weekend there! ;)

Jamxz19 said...

Hi Rima, I am pretty jealous of your stats here! I have always wanted to take a yr off just to read. Only thing I can do rt now is to keep thinking about it. Keep it up. Hope I can borrow few titles. Can or not?

Overcome Life said...

Hi Jamxz, thanks for going through. Actually you don't have to take a year off just to read. You can just bring a book with you wherever you go at anytime. I always read during journey from home to office and vice versa, which in a day, at least I can spend an hour for reading. Where are you located btw? Most of my books are borrowed in library though :)

rm said...

Kudos for reading these many books Rima. I hope 2015 will even be a wonderful year for reading. I'm glad to have read with you along.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Rekha! You've also introduced many books to me :) and I'm glad to have read with you along too! Keep up your reading habit and wish you all the best for the year to come!!! ^^

Lima Juliet said...

Really amazing that you read quite a lot during the second half of the year. Keep reading. I would love to read some from your list.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Au Lingi for going through and I wish your reading wish will come true! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...