Sunday, May 03, 2015

Les Roches Potluck Gathering

It's been 14 years since we left our school. Today we had a small potluck gathering at my place since my bestie, who came all the way from London for holiday, would love to catch up with friends who were residing here in Singapore. There were few from my batch and managed to get them here.

My hubby and I prepared some food. He cooked some delicious fried rice ^^ Thank you dear! My friends came with home-cooked food, hawker food, booze and snacks for our drinking session. Thank you everyone! :)

Our delicious potluck :)

There were 7 of us. And some brought their families and kid. Most of them were driving so they couldn't drink much. Too bad lah!

Time went by. Since graduated, I haven't visited my school again. However, I wasn't the only one. Well, there would be more time in the future and I guess I should make a trip there anytime soon! Let's see how it goes! ^^

14 years after we graduated ^^

We ate and chit chatted - about our present, and our beautiful past time. College time was considered as the best time that we had in our life. No worry about the future yet, just lived at the present moment. We spent most of our time drinking, partying, traveling during mid-term break or whatever break we had, apart from our main duty of studying ^^ I tried to balance both side of the world though. Because one thing, I had to answer to my parents, and another thing, life was too boring on top of the mountain.

But even, after so many years, what remains were the memory. It was still vivid in our minds on what we did and what we had, and that was really one of our happiest and memorable times in life!

Inspiring Life Quotes - Source: Google.com

My bestie, still the way he was. Straight forward guys that I knew. Like means like. Don't like means don't like. We chit chatted about what happened in the country where he lived and here. Politics at work, were same everywhere. That's one thing we had to face in life! Well, no one sure what life lies ahead in front of us but we all know reality just works the way it is.

So, once again, thank you everyone for coming and we had a wonderful night together! Really appreciate your presence, food, and most importantly, your precious Saturday's night time! Take care and I wish you all the best in everything!!! 'Till we meet again! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So, college days indeed are the best days of life?You had a lovely gathering ashim. That was a grant feast indeed!

Overcome Life said...

Yes la Kipchu! That's the time you can see clearer on who you are and where you want to go from there based on your personality and ability, well, at least for me :)

It was indeed a lovely gathering Kipchu! We all enjoyed it :) Thank you for going through and have a wonderful week ahead! ^^

Ajay Pai said...

THe school and college days are the best days and the days which we live to the fullest.

Lovely read

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for going through Ajai! :)

Flora said...

The fun with old besties... Good on you!

Overcome Life said...

Yes la Charo, indeed so much fun! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...