Thursday, June 23, 2016

Grateful - The Restful Mind

Restful mind by HE Gyalwa Dokhampa 


The morning journal plus breathing in and out session inside the both public and company buses had refreshed my mind this morning. Few reading pages of Restful Mind by HE Gyalwa Dokhampa had again given me a good reminder how to take in charge of our restless mind.

“The three essence of the teaching that we can apply to our daily lives and thinking:
1. Our happiness or suffering comes from within
2. We can’t control the things or people that are external to us; that happen to us, but we can control our own reactions or way of looking at things, so we need never be completely helpless.
3. Nothing is set in stone, especially our minds.”
– The Restful Mind by HE Gyalwa Dokhampa


Breakfast with love ^^

As I reached office, my colleague, KH, had bought a special breakfast for me from McDonalds. “It’s once in a while’s treat,” she told me. She concerned about my gastric pain that I had lately, so she fed me with this big portion so that it could last ‘til afternoon time. Thank you KH for all your love and concern! :)

In less than 6 weeks, I would leave this establishment. She had already projected the image when I wasn’t around. “Next time, even I bought this delicious meal, you won’t be there sitting next to me,” said her sadly. I tried cajoling her, “Don’t feel sad. Someone else would sit here next to you and accompany you.” But she didn’t buy my words.

“Happiness is something for which we can sow the seed ourselves, and that we can nurture, grow and share with others through our love, kindness and generosity. It’s easy with the busyness and pressures of life to fall out of the habit of happiness – to begin to feel out of sorts or to let negative thoughts and emotions take hold – but with just a little understanding and practice we can get back into the happiness habit, whatever situations life may bring us.”
– The Restful Mind by Gyalwa Dokhampa

Celebrating KH Birthday :)

That’s because, we both had shared many happy and sad things together, in this short course of time. Our struggle and fights – ‘never-give-up’ spirit – in the first few days, weeks, and months of working; our stupidity (mostly mine though) since the first days until now (still strongly going on :P); our happiness and woes encounter that came from family members at home; our traveling and many plans in life; and so on.

We both were famous for our laughter, again, since first few days after we first joined in. It could be heard from everyone’s seat. Sometimes they scold us for being too noisy :P Many were wondering on why we both laughed and shook until our stomach paining and tears coming out. One encounter and another, it created good memories in our brain.

“Laughter lightens your load and lighten your step, bringing you right back into the moment. And it’s the same with a smile. It’s good to see the funny side of things, and not take yourself too seriously. After all, we’re all just human beings, doing our best.”
– The Restful Mind by Gyalwa Dokhampa

Thank you for your friendship KH and everyone in the office! Without your presence, life would be dull for these past six months. To my partner-in-crime in office, thank you! :)

4 comments:

Flora said...

Are you leaving that job? Any ways it's such nice way that you enjoyed with your co workers who also so close to you! Thanks for sharing some of the inspiring teaching of Gylalwa Dhokhampa!

Rupa Gurung said...

Resiously la are you leaving ur current job?
Nyz, thanks for the wisdom ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
Obviously u r a friend loved by all..๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ.
Abt gastric you have to fight hard to nullify else it would be severe and turn into stomach ulcer... ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Ulcer is a stage where you will struggle a lot... you cannot eat a diet of your choice...
Take care tupgala? ^^๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Overcome Life said...

Yes Flora, it's a contract job. And yes, I'm lucky to be surrounded with great colleagues here. They have coloured my dull office life for the past 5 months.

I've just started reading it. Many more inspiring teaching from the book. I wish I could share it all here so you don't have to buy hahaha... :D

Anyway, it's a great one. Hope you managed to get one! Thank you for your comment and wish you a wonderful evening La! Take care! :)

Overcome Life said...

Yes dear Rupa! I'll be leaving soon. It's my pleasure to share the great teaching to you all. Hope it can benefit you in many ways of your life. And just like you, you're also loved by all ;)

Tub la. I'll take good care of my belly inside hehehee... You too dear! Take care tub?

Love and miss you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...